Who we are
Blue Flame Crew, LLC is newly named, but highly recognized team of experts in the design, installation and servicing of gas management systems. Whether it is landfill gas recovery, natural gas transmission or syngas systems, our experienced field crews get the job done right the first time.
Our reputation is built on our experienced, dependable and knowledgable team. Not only do we work operators, we also routinely work directly for original equipment manufacturers performing new equipment installations and commissioning of flares and natural gas equipment.
We also repair and refurbish most brands of flares, blower skids, compressors, electrical controls, telemetry and PLC operating systems.
Simply put, we are gas operations experts.
Blue Flame Crew’s focus is installation, operation and service of methane gas management systems. Our experienced millwrights and controls electricians quickly and safely diagnose and repair gas and electrical components.
Landfill Systems and Services
Operations and Maintenance
• Data analysis and interpretation
• Quarterly surface emission monitoring
• Monthly LFG wellhead monitoring
• Blower and flare station monitoring
• Preparation of NSPS, EG, Title V and NESHAP reports
COLLECTION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS EVALUATION
• Evaluate collection system limitations and system efficiency
• Evaluate and maintain blower and flare stations
• Evaluate condensate and leachate collection and control systems
• Evaluate gas-to-energy facilities
• LFG and leachate collection systems services
• Site security and inspection services
• Landscaping and facility maintenance services
• Repairs to system components
• Condensate/ leachate pump services
• Expansions or modifications to existing LFG and leachate/ condensate collection systems
• Emergency response services for collection and control system failures
• System evaluation and troubleshooting
• Blower/flare station installation or repair
• Piping installations
• Installation of collectors
• Monitoring wells and probes installation or repair
• Repairs, replacements, or modifications to existing LFG/ leachate and condensate systems
• Installation and repair of electric pumps
• Installation and repair of control panels
• Installation and repair of pneumatic pumps
• Monthly and quarterly maintenance of pumping systems
• Storage systems
• Load out systems
• Containment systems
• System design and installation
• Remote notifications
• Satellite or cellular systems
• Syngas vaporizers
• Blow down flares
• Line heaters
• CNG compressors
• CNG dispensing systems
This is Blue Flame Crew:
Dan Sawyer, Project Director
Fields of Expertise: Project Management, Construction, Operations and Maintenance of Landfill Gas Collection Systems, Leachate Collection Systems and Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
Mr. Sawyer has over fifteen years of experience related to environmental monitoring, construction, operations and maintenance of landfill gas systems, groundwater protection, leachate collection systems, and NDPES storm water discharges at numerous solid waste landfills. During Mr. Sawyer’s time as a project manager he was also responsible for supervision and training of the field technical staff. In addition, Mr. Sawyer has provided several years of consulting services to clients regarding compliance demonstration with the Municipal Solid Waste Landfill New Source Performance Standard (40 CFR 60 Subpart WWW) and state and local regulations.
Mike Ungaro, Controls Electrician and Operations Manager
Fields of Expertise: Project Management, Electrical Controls, Construction, Operations and Maintenance of Landfill Gas Collection Systems, Leachate Collection Systems and Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
Mr. Ungaro has over eight years of experience related to project management and services associated with environmental monitoring, construction, operations and maintenance of landfill gas systems, and leachate collection systems. Mr. Ungaro has over 30 years of experience in the electrical trade industry and is a licensed electrician.
Keith Hoffman, Project Manager
Fields of Expertise: Environmental Construction Management, Remediation Supervision, Materials Inspection and Testing, Landfill Gas and Leachate Systems Operations, Maintenance and Construction
Mr. Hoffman has been a Project Manager and Project Superintendent for various companies providing services to the solid waste industry. He has over fifteen years of experience in construction and landfill systems operations and maintenance projects.
Larry Martin, Field Services Manager
Fields of Expertise: Electrical Systems and Components, Operations and Maintenance of Landfill Gas and Leachate Collection Systems
Mr. Martin has over thirty-five years of technical experience related to operations and maintenance and over fifteen years of experience with landfill gas and leachate system O&M. During Mr. Martin’s time as a field service manager he has been responsible for the supervision of the field staff’s day to day activities.
Charles Laub, Senior Controls Electrician
Fields of Expertise: Project Management, Electrical and Controls Design and Operations, Construction, Operations and Maintenance of Landfill Gas Collection Sytems, Leachate Collection Systems and Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
Mr. Laub has over thirty years of experience related to electrical and controls design and operations, project management and services associated with environmental monitoring, construction, operations and maintenance of landfill gas systems, and leachate collection systems. Mr. Laub has been a project manager for multiple landfill gas and leachate system construction and O&M projects in the United States.